We are happy to announce the release of Qt Creator 4.5 Beta!
There has been very little time between the 4.4 release and the 4.5 feature freeze, but 4.5 still comes with a bunch of very nice improvements.
Locator now does fuzzy camel case matching in the same way as code completion does. Type “c andesu” in locator to open the “AndroidDebugSupport” class.
We started on making the File System navigation pane more useful. It is showing a file system tree now, and you can select the root directory from a list containing the “computer” root, your home directory, your default projects directory, and the base directories of all the projects you have open in Qt Creator. More features are to come in the future.
The configuration UI for CMake projects improved. We added grouping of configuration variables, and the option to change their type, so you can set variables to arbitrary values even if CMake reports the wrong type for them.
For a more complete list of fixes and improvements see our change log.
Get Qt Creator 4.5 Beta
The opensource version is available on the Qt download page, and you find commercially licensed packages on the Qt Account Portal. Qt Creator 4.5 Beta is also available under Preview > Qt Creator 4.5.0-beta1 in the online installer. Please post issues in our bug tracker. You can also find us on IRC on #qt-creator on chat.freenode.net, and on the Qt Creator mailing list.
I’m delighted to announce that I just released qutebrowser v1.0.0!
qutebrowser is a keyboard driven browser with a vim-like, minimalistic interface. It’s written using PyQt and cross-platform.
This release comes with many big breaking changes such as the new config and QtWebEngine by default, so please take a look at the changelog.
As announced previously, per-domain settings unfortunately didn’t make it into v1.0.0 – it’s the next thing I plan on tackling. However, there’s more than enough big things in v1.0.0! 🙂
The full changelog for this release:
- Dependency changes:
- Support for legacy QtWebKit (before 5.212 which is distributed independently from Qt is dropped.
- Support for Python 3.4 is dropped.
- Support for Qt before 5.7.1 and PyQt before 5.7 is dropped.
- New dependency on the QtSql module and Qt sqlite support.
- New dependency on the attrs project (packaged as python-attr in some distributions).
- The depedency on PyOpenGL (when using QtWebEngine) got removed. Note that PyQt5.QtOpenGL is still a dependency.
- PyQt5.QtOpenGL is now always required, even with QtWebKit.
- The QtWebEngine backend is now used by default. Note this means that QtWebEngine now should be a required dependency, and QtWebKit (if new enough) should be changed to an optional dependency.
- Completely rewritten configuration system which ignores the old config file. See qute://help/configuring.html for details.
- Various documentation files got moved to the doc/ subfolder; qutebrowser.desktop got moved to misc/.
- :set now doesn’t support toggling/cycling values anymore, that functionality got moved to :config-cycle.
- New completion engine based on sqlite, which allows to complete the entire browsing history. The default for completion.web_history_max_items got changed to -1 (unlimited). If the completion is too slow on your machine, try setting it to a few 1000 items.
- QtWebEngine: Spell checking support, see the spellcheck.languages setting.
- New qt.args setting to pass additional arguments to Qt/Chromium.
- New backend setting to select the backend to use. Together with the previous setting, this should make most wrapper scripts unnecessary.
- qutebrowser can now be set as the default browser on macOS.
- New config commands:
- :config-cycle to cycle an option between multiple values.
- :config-unset to remove a configured option.
- :config-clear to remove all configured options.
- :config-source to (re-)read a config.py file.
- :config-edit to open the config.py file in an editor.
- :config-write-py to write a config.py template file.
- New :version command which opens qute://version.
- New back/forward indicator in the statusbar.
- New bindings.key_mappings setting to map keys to other keys.
- QtWebEngine: Support for proxy authentication.
- Using :download now uses the page’s title as filename.
- Using :back or :forward with a count now skips intermediate pages.
- When there are multiple messages shown, the timeout is increased.
- :search now only clears …read more