Many successful apps allow users to interact, compete or build social relationships. Features like an in-app chat, a friend system or leaderboards help to increase app retention and engagement rates. This applies for games as well as apps. The SocialView makes it easy to add such features. It takes advantage of ready-made services and also offers e.g. user profiles & authentication, cloud storage and much more. If you think this sounds complex, don’t worry: This post shows you how to add such features without a hassle.
Using Social Services is Easy!
… at least with the SocialView, which includes many ready-made social features. This makes it easy for you to create apps with e.g. user profiles, leaderboards or a messaging and friend system. For example, this year’s conference management app for the Qt World Summit 2017 uses these services and allows you to:
- Search conference attendees to schedule Business Meetings.
- Store custom user data like the company, job position or main Qt interest.
- View user details and find conference attendees that match certain criterias.
- Log in via Facebook to synchronize your data across devices.
- Become friends and get in touch with the included in-app chat.
- See a leaderboard with a ranking of users that favor many talks and are active.
You can have a look and try out the features by downloading the app for iOS or Android:
This is already a rich feature set, but there is much more you can do. The SocialView is extensible and allows to customize all features!
A cloud-based backend and easy-to-use client QML components build the core of the view. The SocialView integrates these cloud services so you can use them in your app. Among many other features, the SocialView services include:
- User Profiles and Authentication: Each user registers with the social services as soon as he first opens your app. No registration required.
- Social Leaderboards: You can let players compare against each other in a competitive way, keeping them playing.
- Fully Customizable UI: With the strength of QML you can customize all views to your app and give an extra-polished look.
- Integrated Cloud Storage: Store project-specific data for your users in the cloud.
- Friend System: Add your friends or make new friends with other users you meet in-app.
- In-App Chat & Push Notifications: You can chat with your friends, even if they’re not online. This makes it easy for your users to …read more