Custom social features in your app boost retention and engagement rates. Many successful apps allow users to interact, compete or build social relationships. This is because social features are one of the key drivers to build up your user base.
Using Social Services is Easy!
… at least with the SocialView, which includes many ready-made social features. This makes it easy for you to create apps with e.g. user profiles, leaderboards or a messaging and friend system. This year’s conference management app for the Qt World Summit 2017 uses these services and allows you to:
- Search conference attendees to schedule Business Meetings.
- Store custom user data like the company, job position or main Qt interest.
- View user details and find conference attendees that match certain criterias.
- Log in via Facebook to synchronize your data across devices.
- Become friends and get in touch with the included messenger.
- See a leaderboard with a ranking of users that favor many talks and are active.
You can have a look and try out the features by downloading the app for iOS or Android:
A cloud-based backend and easy-to-use client QML components are the core of all these features. The SocialView type integrates the available cloud services so you can use them in your app. Among many other features it includes:
- User Profiles and Authentication: Each user registers with the social services as soon as he first opens your app. No registration required.
- Social Leaderboards: You can let players compare against each other in a competitive way, keeping them playing.
- Fully Customizable UI: With the strength of QML you can customize all views to your app and give an extra-polished look.
- Integrated Cloud Storage: Store project-specific data for your users in the cloud.
- Friend System: Add your friends or make new friends with other users you meet in-app.
- In-App Messenger & Push Notifications: You can chat with your friends, even if they’re not online. This makes it easy for your users to get in touch. They also receive Push Notifications for each incoming message.
- Facebook Login & Account Synchronization: You can allow users to log-in with Facebook. This enables them to synchronize their profile and progress across devices.
- Native Look and Feel: The view provides a native style and user experience on both iOS and Android.
- Fully Cross-Platform: All features work cross-platform, so your iOS users can also connect or play with Android users.
To see how to …read more