Application Development with QML is simple and powerful. But Qt C++ can be more performant, offers many features and is less error-prone. This post shows you how to create apps that take advantage of both languages.
- How to Communicate between C++ and QML
- How to Access a C++ Object from QML
- How to Register your C++ Class as a QML Type
It is important to choose the right language for different features of your app. Integrate C++ components with QML to take your mobile app development to the next level.
Coding in QML has several advantages over development with C++:
- Language concepts like states, signals or property bindings are a huge time-saver.
- QML makes adding animations simple. You can animate every property of your QML types with simple Animation components.
- QML is extensible and flexible. For example, you can extend objects with new properties and features in-line. No need to create a new re-usable type for small extensions.
- The QML Rendering Engine offers a great performance. The renderer uses C++ Qt and relies on a hardware accelerated scene graph. This makes it fast enough to power even high-performance games.
Qt app development with C++ has advantages as well. For some scenarios you need features that are only available with Qt C++. Also, C++ is fast and type-safe. This allows to provide the best possible performance for long-running and data-intense calculations.
For these examples, you would choose C++ over QML:
- Native C++ code is …read more